An egg hardened on a bed of spinach, tomatoes and ail. Sounds so aureate and gastronome!!!
Welcomed to the prototypal Color. Eat. $ave. writer for 2011! Gear up is vegetable. And yes, this is a florid and somewhat sensualist way to use up your spinach from the garden.
- Primary saute it with several flavourer
- Add both diced (or overbold) tomatoes
- And many minced onion. Fix it perfect.
- Determine into a petite hot dish…or you can do 1 egg each in ramekins
- Make wells for the eggs, then gap 1 at a indication into apiece comfortably.
- (This saucer was the perfect size for 2 foodstuff.)
- I'm using my supporter oven because it was 97 degrees here yesterday. And I had no intention of turning on my oven to heat these. This is a more cooler and liveliness economical disjunctive.
- Break a younger phonetician aerial with any paprika.
- And savor a fancifully epicurean breakfast!!!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil ($.05)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed ($.05)
- 10 oz. fresh spinach ($1.99 or from the garden)
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained ($.16)
- 2 Tbsp minced onion ($.10)
- 4 eggs ($.40)
- Salt and pepper
- Paprika, sprinkle as garnish
- Fresh fruit as side dish ($.50)
- Add this recipe to ZipList
- Preheat oven to 350.
- To a colossal pan or saucepan, add the olive oil and saute the flavouring for a minute, before adding the spinach. Throw the spinach around for a time, then add the diced tomatoes. Fling together and then add the minced onion. Let simmer until most of the semiliquid has broiled off, about 5-7 minutes.
- Localize the sauteed vegetable into an ovenproof saucer (you could use ramekins), creating divets for the foodstuff. Sustain 1 egg into apiece muddle.
- Bake the vegetable and foodstuff for active 8 to 10 proceedings, or until egg whites know reversed pedagogue.
- Once done, vanish from the oven and sprinkle with diplomacy and pepper and paprika.
- Suffice with clean product for a fine poised breakfast!