Shredded chicken, mango, avocado and bacon are the stars in this easy California Club Chicken Wrap that is perfect for a weeknig
CALIFORNIA CLUB CHICKEN WRAP
Shredded chicken, mango, avocado and bacon are the stars in this easy California Club Chicken Wrap that is perfect for a weeknight.
MY LATEST RECIPES
Originally posted July 7, 2012 - I have officially hit that point in the summer where dinner needs to be cool and light instead of heavy and filling. I recently remade this California Club Chicken Wrap and remembered exactly why these are perfect for the summer. I like to keep cooked, shredded chicken on hand (it freezes great!), but you can always pick up a rotisserie chicken from the market as well. You do need to fry the bacon, but besides that, this is a cool and quick recipe.
I have been spending a lot of time in my archives lately. Not only updating the recipes, but I've been revisiting some of those recipes for dinnertime ideas. I have several 3 ring binders full of recipes that have been printed off over the years. A few of them are of recipes that I've never made, but several of them are of recipes that I have made and blogged about. I'm trying to simplify my life, which means I'm getting rid of a lot of stuff, and part of this purge has been going through these recipes. But instead of just getting rid of all of the recipes that I've already blogged about, I've ended up with a new binder of recipes that I want to remake!
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- salt and pepper
- 1 mango, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 large avocado, or 2 small
- 4 large whole wheat or spinach tortillas (10-inch)
- 2 cups shredded romaine
- 1 large tomato, diced
- Place the bacon in a large skillet and cook until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the mango, 3 tablespoons of the mayonnaise and the lime juice.
- Remove the pit and skin from the avocado and place in another bowl. Roughly mash, season with salt and pepper, then stir in the remaining 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Lay a tortilla on a work surface and spread 1/4 of the avocado mixture over the tortilla, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Layer 1/4 of the lettuce down the center, followed by 1/4 of the tomato, 2 slices of bacon, then 1/4 of the chicken mixture. Fold in the 2 sides of the tortilla, then roll up like a burrito.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and ingredients.
- Cut each wrap in half before serving.