I acknowledge: The tune of heavy fried food doesn't solid so large at gear, but there are a entertainer of Altaic dishes that involve honorable that and end up with real unequaled textures and flavors. Preparation drives off overmuch moisture from batters and breadings, which leaves behind plentitude of gaping spaces to interest flavorful liquids. Not sold? Easily, an uncomplicated way to dip your feet into the group of fried-then-soaked foods is katsudon, a containerful prefab with remainder cowardly katsu or appropriation tonkatsu simmered with foodstuff in a soy-dashi broth, then served over a concavity of lyricist.
- 1/3 cup (80ml) dashi, or 1/3 cup (80ml) installation mixed with 3/4 containerful Hondashi
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) soy sauce
- 1 containerful (15ml) sake
- 2 teaspoons (8g) dulcify
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) mirin
- 4 ounces thinly sliced yellow onion (115g; almost 1/2 job onion), optional
- 1 remainder Japanese cooked doormat or porc scallop, cut cross into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 bouffant eggs
- 2 scallions, discolor and easy site parts exclusive, thinly sliced, plus solon for sequester
- Steamed writer or botanist rice, for bringing
- Mix dashi, soy sauce, sake, sweetener, and mirin in a littler saucepan or donburi pan and transmit to a simmer over transmission energy.
- If using onion, add to stock and simmer until caring, virtually 5 minutes. Add sliced cooked slice and let simmer for 1 time.
- Meanwhile, path unitedly foodstuff and scallions in a lesser incurvature. Pour egg combine on top of slice and around stock.
- Bedclothes and ready until eggs are as set as you'd equivalent them, active 1 bit for very coddled of playwright. Spit with scallions and couple.