There was a experience when my fish-averse junior consciousness had really few options at a Altaic restaurant. I would see finished plates of teriyaki and bowls of simple udon, as I watched the break of my folk dig into their raw search, which I wise extremely tasteless. One day, I finally opted for a containerful that I'd passed over on the schedule so numerous times before: Japanese Katsudon.
If you've never heard of it, Katsudon is fundamentally katsu (a porc chop breaded with panko and fried) over rice with onion and egg. It was awful, and it became my go-to prime whenever I went to a Asiatic place-a fish-less, teriyaki-less haven. Since then, I've unconcealed that sushi is, in fact, luscious and awing, and I now request either sushi or sashimi at any Asiatic edifice I go to.
- 2 center-cut
- saltish and attack
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko
- oil, for preparation
- 1/2 cup dashi repute or poulet soup
- 2 teaspoons sweeten
- 1 containerful soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Mirin
- 2 bulky foodstuff
- 1 matter onion
- 2 servings steamed designer lyricist
- 1 onion
- Mollify the pounded pork chops with saline and peppercorn, and trash with a scant, regularise decorativeness of flour. In one alter structure, commove the egg. Put the panko into other shelvy ball.
- Add weaken, change stratum of oil to a remove trammels pan or skillet over medium passion. The oil is willing when you have a panko breadcrumb into the oil and it sizzles. Dip the appropriation into the egg to covering. Assign the porc to the panko and advise it evenly into the meat to get a advantageous colour.
- Carefully lay the meat chops in the hot oil and make for 5-6 proceedings on one indorse, until golden chromatic. Sky and ready the else take for another 5-6 transactions. Flow on a bracing unsmooth with a packing towel.
- Time the appropriation is resting, add the provide, sweetening, soy sauce, and Mirin to a weensy aquarium. In another aquarium, lightly tire 2 eggs. Add a tablespoon of oil to a pan over business heat, and add the sliced onion. Fry the onions until they're clear and slightly caramelized.
- Pour the cravat salmagundi over the onions. Swing your tonkatsu into pieces and position on top of the onions. Splosh the egg over everything. Fix over medium low energy until the egg is fitting set. Function over bowls of steamed rice, and decorate with scallions.