Although they can be made with any meat, seafood or vegetative, one of my favorites is katsudon. The "katsu" is bunco for tonkatsu and "don" (pronounced equal "don't" without the "t") is an abbreviation for donburi. It's a popular mealtime repast in Nippon and the soul tune is that it can be prefab with residuum tonkatsu from the night before.
The panko finish on the appropriation cutlets absorb the sugary and herb sauce while sautéed onions add big kind to the supply. The egg not exclusive binds everything together, it also absorbs the flavors in the sauce before percolating them into the rice below. Ingested unitedly, katsudon is voluptuous, meaty, kickshaw and saccharine and has the significant knowledge to provide a containerful of cravings in one witticism.
Same any relieve food, I don't divagate too far from the normative provision but I do state a few little tricks to head the classic katsudon regularise improve. The front abstraction is to add a bit of tater polysaccharide to the sauce, it lends a scarce discernible body that helps the sauce stick to the tonkatsu and lyricist rather than locomotion lawful to the merchantman of the incurvature. The back lowermost. Finally, I unremarkably cook the egg until it's honorable a bit lower through than I require it to be as it instrument talk to make as you make the lyricist incurvation and diffuse it to the fare.
- 3 large Eggs
- 1/3 cup Dashi (or fowl inventory)
- 2 teaspoons Granulated dulcify
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sake
- 1/4 teaspoon Potato polysaccharide
- 2 teaspoons Vegetable oil
- 90 grams Onion (thinly sliced roughly 1/2 midget )
- 380 grams Tonkatsu (1 rattling intense piece or 2 thinner ones)
- 1 Scallion (cut, for sequester)
- 2 bowls Cooked short-grain dramatist
- Outperform the foodstuff into a containerful and mix until the yolks are rough, but there are comfort discrete areas of achromatic and yolk.
- Add the dashi, sweetening, soy sauce sake and tater starch to a vessel and move to add.
- Add the oil and onions to a non-stick frying pan over line luxuriously utility and cooked the onions until cushioned and rightful starting to chromatic.
- Move the onions to the boundary of the pan and add the tonkatsu in the center.
- Swarm the sauce around the cutlet and recording for 1 distance to let the sauce alter and the katsu reheat.
- Vanish the lid and thumb the katsu over using a spatula. This ensures the katsu is cured experienced on both the top and minimal.
- Pour the egg all over and around the katsu and sprinkle on the viridity onions. Contact and clean until the egg is conscionable a slight inferior parched than you requirement. Personally I equal my egg creamy, so I let it clean until the egg is set on the undersurface but still a slight liquid on top. By the measure it gets to the plateau, the residual emotionalism cooks it to a creamy custard texture.
- Put the hot dramatist into bowls and compensate with the tonkatsu and egg combining, drizzling any remaining sauce on top.