Parmesan Tomato Squash Bake is a simple recipe with layered fresh tomatoes, zucchini and summer squash topped with garlic, onion and parmesan cheese!
Summer produce is finally here! Our garden is producing delicious vegetables and the farmers markets are bursting with local, fresh produce. This time of year, I try to use fresh produce for every meal as we all know, soon enough, it will be gone. In my neck of the woods, zucchini, squash and tomatoes seem to be the most plentiful vegetables and we look for different ways to get creative with them.
We are so lucky that our garden produces so much produce and have tried every recipe that you can imagine with zucchini and tomatoes- we always make a version of my Homemade Tomato Sauce
each year and can it. This one is one of my favorites and I cannot believe that I have not shared it with you until now.
It is so, so easy to make! If you only have zucchini or summer squash, you can just use one of them. If you prefer mozzarella instead of parmesan, that is fine too. It is a healthy side dish that can be reheated well using summer's best produce.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 5 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup quality parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian spices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a baking dish, arrange zucchini, yellow squash and tomatoes in an alternating pattern (as seen in the photos).
- Top with cheese and spices. Place into oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until squash is soft. Enjoy!