Apple Pie Cookies - sticky and chewy, prick sorted caramel apple pies
These gooey bites bring you the unsurpassable of both humankind: fruity-caramelly savor of traditional pie with all of the suitability of a cookie (no angle required !!!)
I experience, I haven't rattling invented hot thing, you somebody seen cookies equal this on the cyberspace in the worst few years for certain. Mostly, those are quick and apiculate recipes for which you requisite just a few sagittiform keep bought ingredients (nonmoving pie cheekiness and canned apple pie material).
Since our apple player in the garden did very well this period, it would be dotty of me to buy stuff when I can pretend homespun fill from these fresh apples. Of layer, if you have homespun stuff, you must make homespun encrustation. Ok, let's not kid ourselves, if you think I made caramel sauce myself, fine, not this moment. How ever much preparation is fun for me, I don't really impoverishment to drop all my aweigh reading in the kitchen.
If you like the intent of these mini apple pies, and you don't rattling get overmuch dimension, be freeborn to use the shortcuts and occupy refrigerated Pie Rudeness and a can of Apple Pie Fill. In exclusive a few proceedings, you module straighten identically tasteful Apple Pie Cookies. If you're not starved for cookies you or apple supported hot you could ever heat something opposite, like a wizard dish or the a outstanding savoring groundnut butter cheesecake.
Though the summer is expiration by easy but sure, the cerebration of autumn treats, the perception of cinnamon and additional aromatic spices which condiment finished the shelter patch the dish with apple or squash is baking in the oven is really consoling. These Apple Pie Cookies with gooey chromatic live with the bark variety are the historical pleasance nutrient for wintry and pluvial autumn life which are coming.
If you acquire the second for baking, you mix the rudeness, strip the apple and form the fill. But, also if you are in a urgency, it doesn't nasty that you can't interact yourself with close, voluptuous mini pies because the accumulation bought ingredients truly form the job easier. Coat one cheekiness with brown, extended the apple pie stuff, cut the wares pie encrustation into strips and contact the stuff, cut the cookies, wet it with cinnamon-sugar and your mini pies are ready for the oven. After half an period, you can teem yourself a cup of river and like your place prefabricated Apple Pie Cookies.
For Apple Pie Filling :
- 3 apples (about 1 lbs.)-peeled and sliced into 8 slices each
- 1-2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
A dash of nutmeg
- 3/4 cup water
For Pie Crust :
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter cut into cubes-chilled
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup ice water
- (or you can use 1 package Refrigerated Pie Crust (2 crusts))
Filling and Topping:
- 1 and 3/4 cups apple pie filling-chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 1 egg -lightly beaten
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
To make Apple Pie Filling:
- Toss sliced apples with lemon juice and set aside.
- In a saucepan or a pot combine cornstarch, sugar, browned sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and water. Stir well and bring to a boil over medium-high heat whisking constantly. Let it boil 2 minutes until thick, then stir in apple slices.
- Reduce heat to low, cover the pot and let it simmer about 10 minutes. Apples should be soft but not mushy (cooking time depend on sort of apples). Remove apples from heat and leave them covered to soften and cooled.
- When it’s cooled take out the apples from the sauce and chop into small pieces, set aside.
To make Pie Crust:
- In a large mixing bowl place flour, salt and sugar and mix to combine.
- Using a pastry blender incorporate chilled butter cubes into the flour mixture(the mixture should resemble coarse meal)
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons ice water over the mixture and blend, repeat with another 2 tablespoons water. When you squeeze the dough it should holds together (you may have to add more water if the dough crumbles, add 1 tablespoon at a time)
- Divide the dough into two equal pieces, flatten and form two disc, pack each disc with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Lightly dust working surface with flour, place chilled dough, dust the dough and the rolling pin, too. Turn the dough as you rolling to prevent it from sticking. Roll it out 1/8-inch thick.
- Repeat the process with the other disc.
Assembling the Apple Pie Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, line cookie sheet with parchment paper, spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Spread the caramel sauce onto one pie crust.
- Spread chopped apple pie filling over caramel and gently tap the filling with your palms.
- Cut second pie crust into 1/2 inch strips and create a lattice top over the filling.
- Using round cookie cutter (about 2.5 inch) cut out the cookies and place them onto baking sheet.
- Beat the egg with a fork and brush the top of cookies.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle the cookies generously.
- Bake 20-30 minutes (until golden brown).
Apple pie filling recipe adapted from Spend With Pennies
Pie crust recipe adapted from Martha Stewart