This easy four-ingredient slow-cooker meal preps in minutes and tastes like the spicy, comforting, delicious Mexican food you love.
- 1 ca
- 2 cups cooked Mexican rice
- n (16 oz) Old El Paso™ medium salsa OR Muir Glen™ organic medium salsa
- 1 1/2 lbs uncooked chicken breast, diced Salt, to taste cups Mexican-style cheese
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (Optional)
- Begin by gathering your ingredients.
- Pour salsa in the bottom of 3-4 quart slow cooker. Place chicken breast on top and sprinkle with a bit of salt.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook, covered, for 3-5 hours on high or for 4-6 hours on low.
- Thirty minutes before serving, open slow cooker and sprinkle cheese over the chicken.
- Cover tightly and cook for an additional 30 minutes with the slow cooker on high, until the cheese is melty and the salsa is bubbling. (Note: Keep the lid tightly sealed to keep the cheese from drying out or overcooking).
- Serve chicken over rice. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.