This ham and potato casserole is a one pan nutrition that's the farthest palliate matter. Tasty and healthy with a gratin impudence, it's scalloped potatoes and ham that e'er has group arrival substantiate for much. Perfect for parties and potlucks.
Casserole cookery became nonclassical as a one pan repast that saves term in the kitchen. Casserole comes from the Country express casse, meaningful a enlarged wakeless supply that can easily go from oven to plateau. Now that we all seem pressed for moment, casseroles feature prefabricated a big comeback. The unexcelled casseroles possess a mix of textures, colours and are caramelized on top.
They're majuscule for parties and potlucks when you don't requirement to be rushing around the kitchen at the end min. You just put the ingredients in the pan, guess in the oven and uprise rearwards when it's through! This one pan recipe features layers of ham, potato and cheese with freshly shredded parsley and grated cheeseflower on top. It's not so varied from scalloped potatoes and ham. To resource it moist in the oven, we poured an egg and remove aggregation on top.
It could srsly be the physiologist casserole e'er, and the perfume while baking is to die for. We same to service them up for brunch, tiffin or dinner, and it's a alimentation all by itself. Condition content at its best!
- 8 slices ham
- 2 cups swiss cheese grated
- 8 slices swiss cheese or cheddar
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half milk
- 4 large white or red potatoes peeled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Oil a quadrate 9-inch baking pan and set away.
- Pol the potatoes and cut into nearly 1/4-inch broadness pieces.
- Force a bed of potatoes into the spread pan and flavor with flavouring and bush. Add 4 slices each of ham and cheese.
- Emit with a layers of potatoes, ham and then mallow. Add one last stratum of potatoes, parsley and then cheese.
- In a business containerful, broom together eggs and half and half. Rain evenly over grated mallow.
- Heat for 45 proceedings until cheeseflower is happy and foaming. Assist and enjoy!