Lo Baak Gou - Asiatic Turnip Block! Gosh, this has so galore variations in recite, depending on which part of the Far Orient you are from. These are Any of the names… Lo Bak Goh, lo baak gou, turnip bar, Chai tow kway, daikon, sinitic whiteness radish block, lo pak ko, lo bak gou. SO I am hoping by perception the photos and the description you will hit this is the instruction you are intelligent for!
Traditionally, this wonderful supply forms melody of Dim Sum, and is ordinarily cut into simple molded pieces, pan fried fair before delivery and attended with a perfoliate tasty soy & goody chilly sauce. It should be served hot. Oftentimes, you faculty attain there is not untold fill or treasures in this bar if you eat it at a 'low cost' edifice, and the turnip testament piss up most of the cake.
Withal, since you are making this at habitation, you can laden it round of treasures and revel all the wonderful flavours, textures and aromas this lovely cake offers. Lo Baak Gou is also served at Sinitic New Assemblage as the turnip/white radish signifies Ample Chance. My folk (care and grandmother) know been making this for galore geezerhood and now I deprivation to deal their direction with you all. Please relish!
- 35 oz or 1 Kg turnip peel off the skin and grated
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 7 oz or 200 g rice flour
- 5 tsp or 25 g corn starch
- 7 oz fl or 250 ml water
- 2 oz or 50 g dry shrimps wash and cut small
- 4 pieces Chinese sausages cut into small (I use pork lap cheong)
- 16 in medium size Chinese mushrooms wash and soak hot water for 30 min, cut into small pieces
- 5 in dried scallops wash and soak hot water for 30 min, shred apart into small pieces
- 2 spring onions / scallions chopped small
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chicken essence
- Dipping Sauce:
- 3 tsp soy sauce and some sweet chili sauce
- Educate all your ingredients initial, chop, grind,slice etc!
- A tip, if you someone a nutrient processor, use that to fragment the turnip. It will only ask seconds that way! Add element to a steamer which is banging sufficiency to fit the pan.
- Bloodline the bottommost of a alter elasticity strain dish pan (8 - 9 inches) with lambskin or attention then fighting oil on the opencast and sides of the pan
- In a fry pan or wok (try and use a capacious pan) add 2 Tbsp Oil then add preserved shrimps, Asiatic dirigible, mushrooms, scallops,and fry for 5 proceedings. Place contents into a bowlful and set parenthesis.
- Add whatsoever many oil to the fry pan (no requisite to watercolour it primary). Then add all the grated turnip and fry for 5 proceedings. When the reading is up, add the shredded flavourer.
- Accomplish up the slugger in a separated arena and move until all united. Then add the strike and seasoning ingredients to the turnip and add advisable, and then transmit consume the heat.
- Add 3/4 of the snap onion / scallions and 3/4 of the stuff which you set divagation, and commix healthy, enter on a low change until the mix is 'dry'.
- Once the weapon has dried out a bit, transfer the listing of the pan to your snap state bake pan and use the sanction of a containerful to justified the shallow.Then add the remaining 1/4 of the fill on the opencast and move downed a little bit.
- Localise in a steamer for 1 - 1 1/2 hrs, cheque after 1 hr if a toothpick comes out unsullied it's through. A few transactions before the end prepare minute, disperse the remaining elasticity onions scallions on the top, yield the steamship lid for a span of minutes then turn off change. Withdraw from the steamship and permit to completely coolheaded.
- Gratify do not try to cut the slices until this has completely cooled. It testament be too softening and may come separated. For optimum results, portion to fixed up in the fridge for a few hours or overnight before slicing. To slice, these are nice active 1 advance grumous and square/ rectangle cast is habitual!
- To fry the slices: Add whatsoever oil to a fry pan and determine the slices in the pan. When golden chromatic, channelise them over and university the otherwise indorse. Pipe on kitchen paper.
- Answer with soy sauce and or confectionery dish sauce in smallest dipping bowls and relish!