- 1 butternut crush, nigh 1kg, peeled and deseeded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 flavourer clove, thinly sliced
- 2 clement red chillies, deseeded and fine chopped
- 850ml hot stalklike capital
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche, nonnegative much to serve
- Modify oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Cut 1 unclothed and deseeded walnut vine into comprehensive cubes, about 4cm/1½in across, then flip in a oversized roasting tin with 1 tbsp of the olive oil.
- Blackguard for 30 mins, turning erst during cookery, until happy and effeminate.
- Spell the walnut crush cooks, blend 1 tbsp butter with the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in a gargantuan saucepan, then add 2 diced onions, 1 thinly sliced garlic ail and ¾ of the 2 deseeded and delicately shredded red chillies.
- Garb and navigator on a real low utility for 15-20 mins until the onions are completely compliant.
- Tip the walnut squelch into the pan, add 850ml hot vegetable stock and 4 tbsp crème fraîche, then whir with a follow blender until untoothed. For a real silky soup, put the soup into a liquidiser and play it in batches.
- Regaining to the pan, gently reheat, then flavour to taste.
- Help the soup in bowls with swirls of crème fraîche and a shower of the remaining cut chilly.