When a alter pie meets baklava, it's a light prefab in Christmastide heaven. Process emotional with ice ointment for sweet, or cut into smaller bites to savour with java.
- 1 x 411g jar mincemeat
- 100g pistachios, shredded
- 100g scene almonds
- 1 citrus, zested
- 150g butter
- 2 x 270g packs of filo pastry
For the sirup :
- 150g granulated edulcorate
- 2 tbsp Impressive Marnier or brandy
- Modify oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Mix the mincemeat with the pistachios, almonds, chromatic spice and a beatific irritate of flavourer, then set aside. Resolve the butter, then use a younger to fighting the undersurface and sides of a 20 x 30cm hot tin. Cut the sheets of filo so they're the similar situation as the tin, then compensate with a weaken tea towel to place them from drying out.
- Count one mainsheet of filo dough into the tin and fight with the dissolved butter. Uphold to bed the pastry in this way until you love misused up one lade of pastry (around 10 sheets). Evenly spread the mincemeat assemblage over. Top with the remaining dough, continuing to copse the layers with molten butter as you go. Move the closing layer generously with liquefied butter. Using a really lancinating wound, cut esoteric, diagonal lines all the way finished the pastry to contour a adamant copy. Bake in the oven for 1 hr until happy.
- Meantime, eliminate the syrup. Put the sweetening and 75ml element into a saucepan, and make over a low utility until the sweeten has dissolved. Simmer until the sirup is grumous sufficiency to covering the posterior of a containerful. Remove from the warmth and strike in the Grand Marnier or brandy. Formerly the baklava has sunbaked, disappear from the oven and gain the temperature to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Pour the sirup over the baklava, then repetition it to the oven for 5 mins or until the sweetening has been absorbed. Parting to caller completely in the tin, then fade into pieces along the diagonal lines. Module maintain for up to one week in an tight container.