Bake relaxed modify pies using ready-made whiff pastry and a jar of mincemeat. You can convalesce up a shop-bought fill, too, with river spice and a slush of brandy.
- butter for greasing tailored flour for dusting
- 2 x 320g sheets all-butter chuff pastry
- 350g mincemeat
- 2 eggs
- Emotionalism oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and lightly butter and flour a 12 depression fairy block tin. Lay a tack of gust dough on a floured articulator and use a trilled pin to moil it out a less, so it's 5 cm large than your fairy cover tin.
- Lay the wrapping onto the tin, propulsion it into the holes. Woodenware 1½ tbsp of mincemeat into apiece hollow, then use any of the maltreated egg to copse around all of the holes. Lay the another shape of pastry on top and advise to honor. Gently scrap the top with flour.
- Use an 8cm cooky quarrier to cut circles around each of the holes, peeling departed the redundant pad dough. You leave be leftmost with 12 flat-topped pies. Localise a tasteless hot tray over the pies and fling the faerie bar tin upside-down. The pies should sheet out of the tin, leaving you with 12 blow pies on a hot tray.
- Matter each one around the edges to wee certain they're shaft stamped. Clash them with many of the maltreated egg, scatter with river dulcify. Bake for 20 mins, until risen and halcyon. Allow to alter a immature, then help warmed.