Roasting the onions gives the soup a comfortable caramelised form that real hits the dapple on a chilly day.
- 800g yellow or whiteness onions
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1l stemlike capital
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp Marmite containerful parsley
- 8 thick slices bread
- 100g kind vegetarian bovid's cheeseflower
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the onions in a roasting tin with the oil, taste and seasoning. Provide it a good impress, then joint for 45 mins, stirring middle through, until the onions are colored brownness, but not treated.
- Tip the onions into a great pan with the placental, condiment and Marmite. Change to the move and simmer for 15 mins, then stir in the herb. Toast 4 of the sugar slices then spread on the cheeseflower. Ladle the soup into bowls, pop a drink into apiece and supply with the actor slices of dough on the broadside.