Hi all and sundry! It’s Kathi right here from over at Deliciously Yum. i am so glad to subsequently be returned for my first publish of 2015. The timing couldn’t be any better though – Cherry Dream Bars might make an excellent treat to consume with the ones you like maximum on Valentine’s Day.
At the same time as the dough is made completely from scratch, i'm able to confidently tell you which you’ll be able to whip it up in no time. not only does it require much less than 10 mins of active time to make those, but you’ll probably have the whole lot you need already for your pantry. i really like to work with simple substances to make some delicious recipes which are full of flavor. flawlessly suitable to feed a crowd or simply a couple of people – those bars are actually no exception!
For the Bars :
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling
For the Glaze :
- 1 ½ tablespoons milk
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 tiers F. Line an eight-x-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- in the bowl of your stand mixer, cream collectively butter and sugar, approximately 1-2 minutes. upload salt, eggs, and vanilla and hold stirring till absolutely included. upload flour and baking powder and mix until just mixed. Reserve ½ cup of dough. Press last dough into the prepared baking pan. pinnacle with cherry pie filling. Drop final batter (half cup) in small portions over the cherry filling.
- area in the oven and bake for 50-60 mins or until golden brown. dispose of from the oven and place pan on a twine rack to chill absolutely. as soon as cooled put together the glaze. Whisk together confectioners’ sugar and milk till smooth and drizzle over the bars. cut into 12 squares and serve.