Heaven on the earth Cake with delicious layers of angel cake, bitter cream pudding, cherry pie filling, whipped topping, and almonds. Creamy and decadent, this cherry trifle is a sure crowd pleaser!
Heaven on the planet cake, I soon determined, is an icebox cake made with layers of cubed angel food cake, vanilla pudding with sour cream, cherry pie filling, whipped topping, and toasted almond slivers.
G’s mom has been making this fridge cake for years for potlucks and circle of relatives get-togethers. Creamy and decadent, it in no way fails to electrify the crowd!
This dessert is sincerely a cherry trifle. Why it’s called heaven in the world, I have no idea. G thinks it’s due to using angel meals cake. I think it’s because each chew is like locating heaven on the planet.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 box Angel food cake or 1 prepared Angel Food Cake
- 1 tablespoon almond slivers, toasted
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 tub (8 ounces) Cool Whip
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Bake angel food cake consistent with bundle's directions. permit to sit back and cut into cubes.
- In a bowl, integrate pudding mix, milk, and bitter cream and beat till smooth. Set aside.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, arrange half of cake cubes in a layer.
- Spoon 2/three of cherry pie filling over cake.
- place the closing 1/2 of of the cake on pinnacle of pie filling.
- Spoon pudding over cake and spread calmly.
- Spoon and spread whipped topping over pudding layer.
- Garnish cake with the very last pie filling and toasted almonds. kick back for about 4 to 5 hours.