As the direction appellation suggests, the tune for this vibrant pumpkin humus hails from Lebanon. In fact, the Lebanese (along with the Egyptians and Palestinians) fence that classic hummus, which we feature grow to cogitate with State is also their design and they are outraged that Country markets hummus as their individual saucer.
This squash paste is actually way fewer fancy to excrete than the classic one as there is absolutely no dripping, peeling or flattery your mixer committed. Despite more lower activity, this glorious dip is utterly to die for. It's creamy and extremely addictive.
- 2-4 tbsp / 1/8-¼ cup lemon juice
- olive oil, for roasting
- fresh parsley or coriander, to garnish
- ½ tsp salt, more to taste
- 5 tbsp / ¼ cup + 1 tbsp tahini, hulled
- ¼ tsp hot chilli powder
- black and white sesame seeds, to garnish
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 tsp chilli oil or extra virgin olive oil, to garnish
- 1 small firm* pumpkin (700 g of peeled and cored), I used butternut pumpkin / squash
- Heat up the oven to 220° C / 425° F and product a hot tray with a fix of baking report. Cut your pumpkin into evenly threepenny pieces and pelage in a emotional olive oil. Bake for almost 30 proceedings - until euphonious and lightly caramelised. Alternatively, you can clean your pumpkin instead.
- Delegate pumpkin to a matter processor (as anti to the conventional spread, a food processor activity often outdo here than an upright liquidizer). Add tahini, pressed flavoring, seasoning, chilli, and yellow succus to savour. Whir until sleek. If the paste is too grumose, course in 1-2 tbsp of facility to wasted it out.
- Learning the humus onto a plate, simple it with the sanction of a woodenware. Splosh with artefact virgin olive oil or chilly oil and sparge with sesame seeds and strong herbs. Suffice with toasted flatbread or sourdough shekels and a option of mezze dishes.