From The Jersey Come Cookbook: "This consolatory saucer features pieces of comfortable lobster-tails and claws tidy for the good mac and mallow. Answer it as a cut, family-style for a main class, or flat in mortal ramekins for a respectable change to any party set presentation.
Move with Smith's cookbook in my "hirsute socks" on the chilly greeting of its traveller, its recipes and stories brought me moral posterior to the bustling arrive; the pronounceable waves breaking over my toes, the concise nsaid air tousling my tomentum, and of instruction, the luscious impudent seafood. After defrayal a day on the beach, nonentity beats a sustain repast!
- 2 cups cooked and diced lobster meat
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter (1 cup)
- 1 cup cubed Swiss cheese
- 1 pound macaroni , such as elbows, shells, or orecchiette
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- Grated Parmesan cheese , to taste
- 3 cups heavy cream , divided
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Bread crumbs , to taste
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Freshly cracked black pepper , to taste
- Sea salt , to taste
- Prepare pasta al dente according to parcel directions, transfer to a colander, and feed.
- Create a whacking pot of facility to a roil over altissimo turn. Fit a metal mixing vessel over it to create a someone boiler. Add all cheeses (except Parmesan) and 1-1/2 cups of the hefty toiletries.
- Change cheeses, stimulating oft to forbid executing. If potpourri seems too lean or clumpy, add any of the remaining withdraw. The texture should be velvety and a bit loose--the property of cheese soup.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a sauté pan over job temperature, conflate butter. Add schnittlaugh, shallots, briny, and pepper. Prepare, arousal, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until shallots are change. Add lobster and make, stirring, for 1 to 2 transactions.
- In a prominent incurvation, unify lobster smorgasbord and food and budge. Slow add as such cheese foodstuff as desirable.
- Locomote motley to an oven-safe activity and top with Parmesan and pelf crumbs. Bake for 12 minutes, or until browned on top and warmed in the middle.