This Coconut Shrimp Curry functions scrumptious shrimp in a coconut curry that’s best over cooked rice and equipped in best 25 mins! exquisite smooth, one pot and lots of flavors!
I noted earlier than that I’ve been redoing some of my antique recipes and this is an antique recipe from 2012 and it’s been one among my most famous recipes here on Jo cooks. The purpose is easy, this coconut shrimp curry is so delicious and smooth to do, you may actually have this in your dinner desk very quickly at all. overlook take-out, forget going out for dinner, make this curry proper at home.
This curry although is quite easy, and you get that terrifi yellow colour from the turmeric. in case you’ve by no means cooked with turmeric earlier than it’s a chunk sour in flavor, but it’s mildly aromatic and has scents of ginger or orange. If cooking with turmeric, ensure you don’t overuse it due to the fact it is barely sour and it has a note of medicinal powdery aftertaste, if overused. That’s why we handiest need a touch bit, but you furthermore may want some curry powder and some floor coriander on this dish.
For Shrimp Marinade :
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 lb extra-large shrimp peeled and deveined
For the sauce :
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 13.5 oz coconut milk
- cooked rice for serving
- 2 tbsp cilantro for garnish
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- In a small bowl toss the shrimp with the marinade substances. cowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- at the same time as the shrimp is marinating, heat the oil in a medium size skillet. To it add the onion, and prepare dinner for 2 or 3 minutes till the onion softens and becomes translucent. Stir within the garlic, ginger, pepper, salt, coriander, turmeric and curry powder. cook for some other minute.
- upload the diced tomatoes with juices and all, the coconut milk, stir and produce to a boil. cook dinner for approximately 5 mins stirring sometimes. add the shrimp with the gathered juices from the marinade and prepare dinner for every other 2 minutes or until the shrimp is crimson and cooked via.
- Serve over hot rice and garnish with cilantro or parsley.