Chunked fowl coated in seasoned flour after which dipped in buttermilk, fried until extraordinary crispy, after which soaked in a candy honey soy sauce. This crispy honey hen seems outstanding and is so delicious! You’ll love the crispy coating and texture.
I think my favored part about this recipe is the exceptional crisp coating that the chook has. It’s remarkable. normally I discover that the crispy coating on chook will collapse or falls proper off the bird after frying. now not this one.
The sweet honey soy sauce receives simmered at the stove and then once the hen is performed you pour the sauce over it after which stir (extremely good lightly) to coat the whole thing. I let the sauce simmer on low while the fowl is frying. That manner the sauce can be hot when it’s poured over the fried hen, that's what you want to make it less complicated to coat all the chook within the sauce.
Honey Sauce :
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- pinch of red pepper flakes if wanted
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Canola oil for frying (2" of oil in a skillet)
- 3 large chicken breasts about 1 1/2 lbs, cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- In a saucepan over medium heat, upload the honey, soy sauce, water, sesame oil, purple pepper flakes (if using) and vinegar. Whisk together and bring to a boil.
- In a separate bowl stir together the cornstarch and water. Set aside. as soon as the sauce is boiling slowly add the cornstarch combination, at the same time as whisking. deliver back to a boil after which flip the warmth all the way down to low and allow simmer for 10 mins.
- ((If the sauce appears to be getting too thick (even as you are frying the bird) then add water, a tablespoon at a time, to thin it out. You do not want the sauce too thin as it is meant to be a thicker sauce.))
- meanwhile, heat the oil in a deep skillet pan over medium high heat.
- In a dish, mix the flour and spices. positioned the buttermilk in a separate bowl.
- Toss the chook (approximately 15 portions at a time) in the flour, then into the buttermilk and then returned into the flour. area the coated chook in the warm oil and prepare dinner for approximately 5-7 mins, turning the bird so all sides get cooked. The bird desires to be cooked via and up to temp.
- area the cooked chook on a paper towel coated plate.
- preserve cooking the last chook in batches till carried out.
- integrate all of the cooked fowl into a huge blending bowl. Pour the hot honey sauce over and lightly mix collectively till all chook portions are coated.
- Serve over white or brown rice.