Those honey garlic bird wings are baked in the oven until great and crispy after which covered in a sticky honey garlic sauce. easy to modify the recipe to make the wings moderate in flavor or add a bit extra kick!
Happily The Husband has been a great game about it, having wings for dinner a couple of nights every week with out a single grievance. and i desire he maintains to humor me and my obsession, because now that I’ve got a honey garlic bird wings recipe i like, it’s going to be showing up on our weekly menu for the foreseeable future.
Baked chicken wings :
- 1 pinch black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 lb chicken wings
- 1 tsp olive oil
Honey garlic sauce :
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili powder optional
- fresh cilantro chopped, for garnish
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 cup honey
For the baked chicken wings :
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, add raw chicken wings. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Use a pair of tongs or a spatula to gently toss the chicken wings to coat.
- Arrange chicken wings in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake chicken wings for 40 minutes or until juices run clear, turning them half way through.
For the honey garlic sauce :
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and chili powder (optional) to a rapid boil. Allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until sauce is reduced by 1/2.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Cover and set aside.
Putting it all together :
- Working quickly, place baked chicken wings in a bowl, then pour prepared honey garlic glaze on top. This step works best if both the chicken and the sauce are hot. Use a spatula to toss the chicken wings until they are coated in the glaze. Note: It's okay if the glaze is thick, but it should pour easily. If it doesn't, microwave the glaze for 30 seconds at a time until it's liquid again, then quickly pour over the chicken wings.
- Serve honey garlic chicken wings immediately with chopped cilantro as garnish (optional).