On every occasion I save at Korean grocery shops, i like checking out the marinated meats section wherein buckets of pre-marinated meats are equipped for sale. apart from the ordinary kalbi or beef brief ribs for Korean BBQ, there may be always a bucket of marinated chicken meat classified as hen stew. I constantly purchase the hen stew and make it at home but it turned into pricey.
I determined to learn how to make it and observed a similar braised bird recipe in the Kimchi Chronicles cookbook. the primary flavoring components are Korean chili paste “Gochujang” and Korean chili powder. From the marketplace, i found kinds of Korean chili powder—one type is a great powdered shape and the alternative is barely coarse. i'm no longer sure approximately the difference so in case you are a Korean cook, please permit me recognize.
- 5 baby carrots
- 2 stalks scallions cut into 2-in lengths
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 10 oz potatoes cut into pieces
- 1 1/4 lbs chicken cut into pieces and seasoned with some salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Korean chili paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine (or sake)
- 1 teaspoon anchovy sauce or fish sauce or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Korean chili powder
- Warmness the oil in a big pot over excessive heat. operating in batches if vital, upload the hen, skin-side down, and brown on both facets, approximately 6-7 minutes in keeping with facet.
- In a small bowl, integrate all the Seasoning components and mix nicely. Set apart.
- whilst all of the hen is browned, add the onion, potatoes, infant carrots, and scallions. Stir a few times to mix properly. add the Seasoning into the pot, stir to mixture properly with all of the ingredients. cover the pot lessen the heat to medium-low, stirring now and then. cook for approximately forty five-60 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are smooth. upload some water if the stew is too dry.
VISIT MORE :
See All Recipes : https://www.middlewayfoodworks.org/