Highly spiced Korean Tofu - brief and easy Korean braised tofu with chili powder, garlic, soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil. This Korean facet dish (banchan) is healthy and scrumptious.
Lucky for me, spicy Korean Tofu is very clean to make. I tailored the recipe from a Korean cookbook “permit’s Plunge Into Korean delicacies” that i purchased in Seoul last 12 months. The give up end result is notable, and tastes simply likes my favorite Korean restaurant.
There are many extraordinary kinds of tofu inside the market and it can be very complicated in case you aren't acquainted. Tofu comes in a plastic tub or bundle and the texture degrees from silken, tender, firm to more firm. specific manufacturers have one of a kind sorts. I used firm tofu for the recipe as that’s the feel you want and they turn softer and flavor great after braising.
- 1 box 16 oz firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 red chili seeded, pounded with mortar and pestle, optional
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon white sesame
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Korean red chili power
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 stalk green onion stem removed and cut into small rounds
- Cut the tofu into rectangle shapes, about 1/four-inch thickness. Pat dry with paper towels. blend all the ingredients inside the Sauce collectively. Set apart.
- heat up a non-stick skillet on medium warmness and upload the oil. whilst the oil is heated, upload the tofu and pan fry until brown on each sides. add the sauce to the skillet and decrease the warmth. Simmer the tofu till the sauce reduces however still fairly wet. flip the tofu over to simmer on each facets.
- transfer to a serving platter and pinnacle with chopped scallions. Serve at room temperature.
TRY ANOTHER RECIPES :
See All Recipes : https://www.middlewayfoodworks.org/