Aromatic mushrooms and smooth meat are blended with sparkling herbs to give this traditional pork stew a gourmet twist.
The winters had been frigid. And on occasion a bit miserable, as winters tend to be. meals was used to comfort the grumbling bellies and laughter turned into used to warm up from the interior out.
On one of these very snowy days remaining year, all through a very long and dreary winter, hubs determined to provide me the assignment of a mushroom stew. I just so came about to have offered some truly quality mushrooms that I had no plans for. I went out and bought my preferred piece of pork cut, a pleasing reduce of chuck that has plenty of marbling. And went to work.
- 1 pound of a variety of mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pounds of chuck cut up into bite size cubes
- about 2 quarts beef stock
- 1 large onion chopped
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- 5 cloves of garlic
- vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Cognac
- Break up the meat into medium bite length cubes and season with salt and pepper on both aspects. Preheat a Dutch oven or a thick bottomed pot with vegetable oil till it begins to smoke.
- Preheat the oven to 325-degrees.
- vicinity the red meat into the pot, ensuring not to overcrowd the pan. permit to brown on all aspects.
- in the interim, wash and more or less chop your mushrooms.
- test on the beef and put off once first-class and brown. Set aside. you may have a few fats and bits on the lowest of the pot. permit or not it's. that is your flavor.
- upload inside the onions, some cloves of garlic, a few stems of thyme, a bay leaf and mushrooms and toss to cowl with the fat within the pot. Sautee for about 10 mins.
- add the meat again into the pot and sprinkle evenly with one tablespoon of flour. mix to mix until not one of the flour remains.
- Take about 1 cup of cognac and pour into the pot. never POUR OUT OF THE BOTTLE! I flame can trap onto the bottle at the same time as pouring and the bottle will explode. you can either allow it cook out as it or light the cognac on hearth with a protracted suit or if the pot is shallow sufficient, tilt it towards the flame so it's going to capture on hearth. this is also called, deglazing.
- once all of the alcohol has cooked out, about three mins, you may be left with a stunning glazed meat.
- Pour in enough pork inventory to cover the meat and mushrooms almost all of the way. regulate seasoning and cowl with tightly becoming lid. region into the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, flip the heat all the way down to 275-degrees and allow to cook for every other ninety mins or till meat is pleasant and tender.
TRY ANOTHER RECIPES :
See All Recipes : https://www.middlewayfoodworks.org/